Conditions of Entry and Terms and Conditions for the Bake Australia Great Election Competition
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry and Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Murdoch Books, owned by Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd (A.B.N 79 003 994 278) of 83 Alexander Street, Crows Nest, NSW 2065.
3. This competition complies with all state government (ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA) laws governing trade promotions and lotteries, and is registered under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/38547
4. Entry is open to Australian residents 18+ years only. Employees of Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd, anyone else connected to Allen & Unwin, and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Eligible people (Entrants) who enter online via http://www.bakeaustraliagreat.com.au in accordance with these Conditions of Entry will be eligible to win. One (1) entrant will be selected as the winner.
5. To enter an entrant must complete the Entry Form hosted http://www.bakeaustraliagreat.com.au, selecting their preferred candidate and completing all mandatory details, including indicating they have read and agree to the Conditions of Entry. Only one (1) entry per person is allowed.
6. The entry submitted will be taken as the entrant’s acceptance of assigning all rights and interests including but not limited to copyright and all other intellectual property rights of the entrant’s to Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin reserve the right to edit or alter the entrant’s submission.
7. The first prize consists of one (1) KitchenAid Stand Mixer in Ice Blue (RRP $899.00); one (1) copy of Bake Australia Great signed by Katherine Sabbath (RRP $39.99); a set of cake decorating products from Creative Cake Decorating (value $100.00). The total first prize value is $1038.99. These prizes will be delivered to the winner by Australia Post, except for the KitchenAid Stand Mixer in Ice Blue, which will be delivered direct to the winner by KitchenAid.
8. Five (5) runner-up prizes consisting of one (1) copy of Bake Australia Great signed by Katherine Sabbath (RRP $39.99) will also awarded. These prizes will be delivered to the winners by Australia Post.
9. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash.
10. Each entry will be assigned an individual number. The first prize will be awarded to the first entry, and corresponding entrant, whose individual number is drawn first, at random, using random number generator software https://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom
11. The runner-up prizes will be awarded to the five subsequent entries, and corresponding entrants, whose individual numbers are drawn next, at random, using random number generator software https://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom
12. The competition commences 09:00 (AEDT) on 01/10/2019. Entries close 23.59 (AEST) on 06/11/2019 (the Competition period). Any entry received after that date will be ineligible. Entry by any person will be taken as acceptance of these Conditions of Entry and Terms and Conditions. Drawing of the winning entry will be conducted at the Promoter’s office on 07/11/2019 with at least 2 staff members / judges present. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winning entrants will be announced online on www.bakeaustraliagreat.com and on the Murdoch Books’ Instagram, Twitter and Facebook pages by 11/11/2019 and the winners will be contacted by e-mail.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin will not accept responsibility for late entries, ailed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. Entries that are forged, incomplete, illegible or do not comply with the terms and conditions will be deemed invalid. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Competition. In the event of a dispute over an electronic entry, the prize will be awarded to the name on the Entry Form, not the owner of the e-mail account.
16. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin may conduct a second draw as is necessary on 25/11/2019 in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by that date, or if the original winner is deemed ineligible. If a second draw is required, the new winner will be notified by e-mail.
17. The Promoter collects entrant’s personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin respect your privacy. Your personal details will only be used for the purpose of this promotion unless you nominate otherwise. A Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin Privacy Statement is available online at www.murdochbooks.com.au and www.allenandunwin.com. The winner’s name may be published. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at the address set out above.
18. Any questions regarding this promotion can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.